Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stickin' Tile, Jerry Style!

Today we installed the tile and the backerboard on the bulkhead for the fireplace.  Our most excellent host Jerry is a high-end tile contractor.  He graciously supplied us with tile and all the necessary supplies and tools, (tile saw set up in his shop for our edge cuts).

Mahalo brah!

Installing the cement backerboard... 

"Buttering the toast."

"It's as stuck as stuck gits," says Forrest Gump.

Screwing the cement backerboard with stainless steel screws. 
"We don't want the fireplace to fall off the wall, do we pilgrim?"
Say this in your best John Wayne drawl.

One tile, two tile, three tile, four... 

Honey, I want you to do some more... 

Ok, I need my slide rule, my t-square, my speedsquare and the level on my iPhone and I'm READY! 
Shimmed to perfection!

Ta-Daaaaaaa!
The Subway Payphone without the handset!


Tomorrow we grout, then when that's dry we will hang the fireplace, so...
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment