Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

The landing into Bellingham was a bit bouncy...


...but I managed to taxi in safely to the terminal.


Paul had made arrangements for me to get some rest at a local BNB in Bellingham, and I was welcomed into the home of Dixie and Bob.  They were gracious hosts and even picked me up at the airport!  Once there, I had the opportunity to meet their two Persian cats, Smokey and Buddy:

 Smokey, and...

Buddy!

Paul had taken the early ferry over from Lopez to Anacortes and drove up to Bellingham.  While I was taking a much-needed 3.5 hour nap, he shopped at a wonderful new/used boating supply/accessory store.   He came to pick me up and we finalized our shopping, but not before I was overwhelmed with everything in the store!

 Just SOME of the propellor aisle,

...with the larger ones outside.

Bellingham has lots of rustic original structures, all preserved:


And is also full of art!

 "Git along little, uh...goat."

Once a surfer, always a surfer!

After walking around and taking in the sights, we stopped to eat at a tavern called "Boundary Bay" where they brew their own IPA beer.

 The 64-ounce "Growler" that we filled with IPA and gave to Jerry for his birthday!

Ha,ha just kidding!

We then returned to Dixie's and after bidding them "Good night" we turned in for the evening.  We woke in the morning to the aroma of Dixie's home made coffee cake, orange juice, coffee and fruit salad.  We then bid her and Bob "Good-bye" and loaded up the truck to head back to the ferry dock in Anacortes.

"Mahalo Dixie!"

On the way through Bellingham, we stopped at a park where we discovered "Disc Golf," a game played much like golf but using frisbees!

 Think it rains much here?

 Major competition!

Learning the different kinds of discs. 

The goal, make it in the basket!

We started to sightsee in Anacortes but we got hungry!

 Heaven!  A place with a great burger AND Wi-fi!

YUUUUUM!

 Paul walking along a fallen tree...

Ahoy, me thinks I see Lopez Island! 

"I'm cold..." 

"...and hungry.  Mmmm, bull kelp.  Tastes like kombu." 


WAIT, what's THAT?

A chipmunk!  We named it "Trail Mix," 'cause we left some trail mix on the, uh, trail.

 The channel by Fidalgo Island.

Jan taking a family photo of 3 generations!

We hopped on the ferry to Lopez, which was jam-packed, and returned to Jerry's house and...

GIZMO!

1 comment:

  1. Must have been the "Growler" that inspired the fun shots of you. Your pics make me smile. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete