Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sailing to Orcas Island!

Saturday morning started off with the Lopez Farmer's Market, where Isla Glass had a booth...

A mandolin and an accordian???  Hey, these guys rocked! 

A view of the marketplace grounds. 

Rahman and I working the "crowd."  Seriously, a lot of people came by to ogle at his work.

Aren't they gorgeous???
Glass is such a "pure" medium.

A little humor mixed in...

...AND my new hat that Paul bought for me!

After I got home from the marketplace,  Paul and I set sail for the West Sound of Orcas Island!

 Photo shot of the ferry landing on Orcas Island as we sailed past.


We hoisted the gennaker for the first time and dialed it IN, as Jan steered with Paul on the foredeck.

REALLY!  I AM having fun dodging all the boats and the giant ferries...

Snowcapped Mt. Baker with a beautiful sailboat in the foreground.

Our "gracious" host, Jethro, welcoming us to West Sound Marina!
Yee-haw! 

 Trimming Out, tied up at the guest dock for the night, lookin' good!

That night, after we made sure everything was secure, we took a short walk to an awesome restaurant, the "Kingfisher Inn" where I had the salmon w/ pesto risotto and grilled brocolini, and Paul had the fish tacos.  We shared a bottle of Washington State red wine and took a piece of lemon cheesecake back to the boat.

The happy couple! 

My King salmon...I'm not sharing with anyone! 
Sheer perfection!

Paul and his fish tacos.  Muy bueno!

On the walk back to the dock, we took some beautiful sunset photos of the bay...

 The public "day use" dock, where we tied up the dinghy.

Private dock for the Orcas Island Yacht Club. 

Pooped after my wonderful dinner and dessert, snug and warm in the boat, in my nest.

Total nautical miles today:  10.231.

Up next, our adventures of sailing to the East Sound!




No comments:

Post a Comment