Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Making Preparations!

I got our Hawaiian flag!

Ehhhhhh, brah...

Lookin' GOOD!

Rowed out to the boat early today to finish the final coat on the bow sprit.  After scraping off the old paint (and being careful not to let the flakes or ME fall into the water!) and covering up the wood and stainless steel to keep the paint off, here's the "new" sprit!

Now, if we can only keep the muck off... 

Isn't she a beauty?
Glassy morning on the bay.
And...guess who was hanging out at the dock?  Harold, the harbor seal!

After running to the post office, I spent the rest of the day making vacuum-sealed meals for Paul's journey down the coast.  It was a learning experience, I got the idea from Logan (Thanks Logan!) to seal and freeze, then Paul simply puts a bag of food into a pot of boiling water to heat.  

One pot, one bowl, one fork.  Simple.

I didn't take photos, I was SOO into what I was doing, (placing the sealed bags into Jerry's "Man-freezer" in the garage) but I will take pics tomorrow when I make more meals.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hellooo, your boat and personalities match - drop dead gorgeous! Thanks so much for everything you do here, sorry that we arnt as spot on as some of our art pieces.

    ReplyDelete