Sunday, July 29, 2012

Paul Found This, Check It Out!







SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2012


Napa Marina en plein air again

"Pink Cloud", oil on canvas
11" x 14" painted en plein air 4.6.12
$450. , available framed - please email for purchase , questions

Some painters and I returned to the Napa marina to paint again on a sunny day.  The winds cooperated and were gentle . . .the whole day was just that; warm and gentle weather, good fun and hanging out a bit after painting.  I got some good input and changed a couple things while I painted.  I painted this, then did the sketch at the bottom of the post while I chatted.  Didn't really want to go home because it was a warm and beautiful day and good to be there.  

One of the people from the boatyard came by to look and told me that the name of the boat is 'Pink Cloud' and that this model was in Royce's Illustrated Sailing.  Yes, it is and it's an early Columbia model.  Patrick Royce wrote the book on sailboats, and this model was owned by him . The boatyard, I know, is a treasure of classic boats.  Most are in drydock but there are enough to paint in the water.  I've been searching for a good boatyard to travel to and paint and this seems to be it.

Artist is Lynne Cunningham who lives in Davis, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment