Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Chore Day:  July 3, 2012

NOTE:  I'm not happy with the low-res photos posted on this blog via my iPhone (weird, 'cause my phone usually takes awesome pics) so I will now use my digital camera to take photos following this post.

Sorry about the small photos, but they're the sharpest.




Woke up to a really beautiful, sunny clear day here at the marina.  Busted out the hose and scrubbing brushes and now Trim is looking good!

All clean!

For lunch we drove a short distance to "Cutting's Wharf" (so close, we could still see all the masts from the marina) and sat out on the lanai underneath a nice large umbrella.  

A beautiful sunny day, just like home!

Paul loved their $2 pints of Miller, and I enjoyed a fresh home-made lemonade...I "save" my wine for the evening, or else I'm totally useless to do chores during the day!

I treated myself to a really, really delicious grilled Pacific salmon Caesar's salad and Paul had the "River Burger" with fries.

Back to the boat for more chores to get her cruising-ready!  No afternoon nap for this princess...
:o(

Later in the evening, we heard of a pre-July 4th fireworks show at the Silverado Resort, so we thought we'd head over there for the 930pm dusk show.

But first, we stopped to get some dinner at a wonderful Italian place called "Ca' Momi."

We started with a salad of marinated tomatoes, onions, turnips and fresh croutons.

Then our so-very gracious server gave us a deee-lish dessert that perfectly accompanied our Napa wine.

Uh-oh, we realized that the popping sounds we heard from over the hillside was the fireworks show.  The 3-hour time difference is still messing us up!

July 4th sees us motoring out of the Napa Valley Marina and up one of the deltas to explore!  Stay tuned as I'll post more later, with better, clearer photos!

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment