Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Morning Farmer's Market in Lopez Village

Woke to a beautiful sunny morning!


After "the boys" went to work,  I walked down to the Lopez Farmer's Market that's held every Saturday.



Lots of artisans, fresh organic vegies, specialty foods (Amish muffins:  sounds questionable to me!), homemade jams/jellies, Jones Family Farms was there with their gorgeous produce, oysters and mussels, lots of jewelry craftspeople, paintings, etc.

I stopped to get a couple of homemade oatmeal/raisin cookies from a young boy that was selling them and they were delicious!  Also bought some hand-painted cards from a young brother/sister team as gifts and made a $5 donation to the Lopez Island Animal Shelter and the two girls that were selling "duct tape bowties" and giving the proceeds to the shelter.  I told them I was not in need of any bowties but I wanted to donate to the animals.

On the way back, I stopped to photograph this "rock bunny" in someone's yard:

Too cute, complete with wire whiskers!

Passing Island Marine Center, there was a boat on jacks that caught my eye:


This boat is in SERIOUS need of a re-naming ceremony.

And, Kenmore Air was picking up passengers:


Stay tuned, the day's not over yet!
:o)

1 comment: