Thursday, July 14, 2011

Daily Duties: 7/11/2011

While Paul and Jerry are at the jobsite,  my daily duties include hand-sanding and oiling the teak on the boat, general cleaning and organizing.  The weather has been cool (sometimes downright cold to me!) and sunny skies.  Am perfecting my "paddling skills" in the rubber Zodiac, always trying to remember to evenly pull on both sides (to avoid going around in circles like I did my first attempt) but my "coming in for landings" needs work:  I'm either too far from the dock/boat or I simply bounce off!   Last thing I want to do is fall into the water!

Love to watch the Kenmore Air floatplanes land and take-off, the gaggles of Canadian geese honking happily, and feeling the boat turn into the wind.  I sometimes luxuriate in taking a nap in the cabin, being lulled to sleep by the gentle rocking and hearing the water lapping off the bow:  a nice secure feeling but towards the afternoon it does get cold so I make sure to "zig-zag" back to shore before the afternoon breezes kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment